The Echo Layla 3G is installed in my rack. Still figuring out how to use it. Last night monitoring didn't seem to be working at all, but this morning I read the manual. It helps. The secret is in the console application.
I think the bass for Big Boys is done. This week, working with the SPD-20 and XLN Addictive Drums, get them locked into the bass line.
I put new strings on the bass this week, in preparation for cleaning up Playing with the Big Boys. Now it's practice time, gotta build up those callouses again.
I was uploading Head In The Game yesterday and, upon listening to the mp3, I decided there were a couple of places the drums could be improved. So I tightened them up. No, I will not tell you whereabouts in the song it was.
I've finished the Telecaster tracks on GodProg:Enlightenment, and moved on to :Omnipotence.
There's something about the Telecaster... it just sounds so great. In some ways it is sad to replace the existing tracks, which feature the Ibanez 540s, my old faithful. But it's all about the tone, and the Telecaster's got it.
The end of the track has a solo in some freaking strange time signature, reminiscent of Siberian Khatru but I don't care.
The GodProg suite is slated for Album#2 so technically I'm not supposed to be working on this yet. But the only way I've found to keep moving forward is to follow the muse.
Still working on Enlightenment guitars. The Telecaster continues to shine.